Monday, July 15, 2013

New Work: Poseidon's Pool



Poseidon's Pool represents a new direction for me and my artwork. I have always loved mythology and tried to represent it in my artwork and illustrations. Now I feel that I've found the ultimate way to merge the two: combining my photography with petroglyphs to tell the old stories in new ways. The simple line drawings contrast with the vivid photo to create something intricate, familiar, and yet new and interesting. I look forward to exploring this direction and see where it leads...

BTW, you can view (and/or) purchase a gorgeous 8"x8"digital archival print (16.75" x 16.75" framed) of this work at this year's DVAC Member's Show July 12 through August 17 if you live in the Dayton area. If you aren't local and are interested in buying a print, please message me!

No comments: