Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mac Attack!

So after the HOW Conference and talking to some of my designer friends, I finally caved and decided to upgrade my 6-year old G4 to a brand spankin' new 24-inch iMac. I got a refurb machine of the new previous generation aluminum iMacs. The day before it arrived, I thought to myself..."hmm...is it possible that the 24-inch iMac will be too big for my needs?" Then it arrived, holey Macintosh! This sucker is huge, especially compared to my tiny my old 17-inch monitor. I hooked it up and wow! The screen is super bright and enormous. I think I got a headache the first few hours of looking at it. But then I opened a few programs. Oh the extra space! And watching LOST online fullscreen will never be the same again...I'm getting used to my new HUGE screen, and I'm lovin' it more and more with each passing day.

So kudos to you, Apple: the new thin keyboard is wicked cool, the iMac itself is a brilliant design and engineering piece, and migration from my old Mac was very painless.



5 comments:

Juggling Jason said...

Congrats on the purchase! Looks slick!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Welcome to the 24-inch iMac club! That first day is quite a doozy ain't it? ;)

jroz said...

why wasn't I emailed these pics hmm?? j/k!
glad you like the new setup!

Ambiblog said...

very nice Nick..looks great!

ksavage said...

Looks gorgeous Nick. CONGRATS!